Monday, September 16, 2013

Brace Yourself


Yeah, so I am 33 years old and I am all set to have a camera go up my butt. I know that in some circles, that is a normal statement. I do not exist in any of those circles. I went to the doctor today to explain what happened with my brother, and the doctor is setting me up with the best gastro doc in town (or first available). She asked if I had any preferences, and I told her that I wanted someone with strong hands and a gentle soul. Isn't that what we are all looking for?
I was reading from a book last night, because I still know how to read (thanks Indian Lakes Elementary). I wanted to leave with some sad quotes.
"The diagnosis of cancer--not the disease, but the mere stigma of its presence--becomes a death sentence. The illness strips you of your identity. It dresses you in a patient's smock and assumes absolute control of your actions. To be diagnosed with cancer, is to enter a border less medical gulag."  That's from the book "The Emperor of All Maladies."   For all of the grammar a-holes that are thinking about the punctuation around the title of the book, you can drink a 12 hour liquid diet then be fed a bunch of laxatives, shit yourself for seven hours, have a camera shoved up your ass, and then be told that your butt is killing you. Or you could just let it go. Your choice.
More to follow folks. I feel like we are just getting warmed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment